- This event has passed.
CBNP Seminar with Dr. Venetia (Vanna) Zachariou: “From nerve injury to a pandemic: intracellular targets and new treatments”
September 25 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Dr. Venetia (Vanna) Zachariou
Ed Avedisian Professor and Chair
Boston University Chobanian and Avedisian School of Medicine at Boston University
Department of Pharmacology, Physiology & Biophysics
Seminar Title: “From nerve injury to a pandemic: intracellular targets and new treatments”
Her research focuses:
- Molecular mechanisms underlying drug addiction under chronic pain conditions
- Understanding the role of regulators of G protein signaling (RGS proteins) in the brain and heart under chronic stress
- Novel treatments of chronic pain, specifically intracellular targets
- Epigenetic mechanisms underlying chronic pain
- Understanding the role of the brain reward center in sensory and affective neuropathic pain symptoms, as well as treatment efficacy
Location: Rutgers Newark (185 S Orange Ave), Medical Science Building, conference room H-609B.
Also, possible to attend via Zoom- use Link: